The wine and recipe of the week is Chardonnay and Shrimp Scampi .
Aubrey Vineyards partnered with Adobe Creek Vineyard in Lake County, California for this impressive, unoaked Chardonnay.
The Aubrey Vineyards Chardonnay is not too buttery, yet expresses aromas of lemon and grapefruit. It is citrus forward and pairs well with lemon thyme chicken, grilled salmon, and creamy pasta dishes.
Shrimp Scampi recipe:
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4-6 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 20 to 25 shrimp), peeled, deveined
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 package angel hair pasta (fettucine or penne are also good options)
- finely chopped parsley and lemon slices, to garnish
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Sauté onion, parsley, garlic, and cracked pepper in hot butter mixture, stirring continually, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp to onion mixture.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink and mixture is hot and bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the shrimp mixture and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if desired.
- Enjoy with a glass of Chardonnay!