The wine and recipe of the week is Trail Rider White and Watermelon Salsa.
The 2013 Trail Rider White is a semi-sweet white wine blend by Aubrey Vineyards. It has honey and floral aromas, with pear and apple flavors, similar to a fine German Riesling.
It is a great summer wine to enjoy at a picnic gathering with watermelon salsa or an indoor gathering with Asian cuisines.
- 3 c seedless watermelon, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp unpacked brown sugar
- 2 T fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients and toss lightly.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Chill for 20 min.
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips, or as a garnish for grilled chicken
- or fish.
- Enjoy with a glass of Trail Rider White!