2014 Apple Wine and Pork Shawarma Wrap
The wine and recipe of the week is Apple Wine and Pork Shawarma wraps.
The 2014 Apple wine is very refreshing and crisp.
It is made from pure fermented apple juice.
The finish of this wine has a tartness reminiscent of the peel of an apple.
It pairs well with dishes of rich and tangy flavors. For example, baby back ribs, turkey burgers, parmesan risotto, and pork shawarma wraps.
Shawarma is a turkish dish usually of pork, beef, chicken, lamb, etc.
It is marinated for 24 hours then slowly roasted on a rotating vertical spit.
Pork Shawarma recipe:
- 1 Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 2 Tabelspoons Smoked paprika
- 2 Tabelspoons Garlic powder
- 2 Tabelspoons Onion powder
- 2 Tabelspoons Oregano
- 2 Tabelspoons Coriander ground
- Zest of six lemons
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tabelspoon Sea Salt
- In a large bowl mix all spices, lemon zest and sea salt together.
- Slice pork shoulder thinly
- Coat pork shoulder with the olive oil
- Rub meat with spice mix
- Marinate in fridge overnight
- On a vertical or horizontal spit, slow roast the meat at 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Shave meat away with a long sharp knife as it cooks.
- Keep a pan underneath to collect juices.
- When the pork is fully cooked, marinate it with juices collected from the pan.
- Serve in a warm pita or wrap with your favorite toppings (i.e. tomatoes, lettuce, feta, hummus).
- Enjoy with a glass of Apple wine!