Cabernet Sauvignon & Grilled Bison Burger
The wine and recipe of the week is an Overland Park Cabernet Sauvignon by Aubrey Vineyards and Grilled Bison Burger .
Aubrey Vineyards partnered with Adobe Creek Vineyard in Lake County, California for this impressive, premier Cabernet.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is the latest vintage from Aubrey Vineyards. Although Aubrey Vineyards currently has 2 vintages of Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2 wines are slightly different.
Locally pressed and aged in American Oak for 1 year, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is a balanced medium-bodied red wine that is sure to delight.
It has bold plum, elderberry, and deep cherry flavors paired gracefully with clove, cardamom, and licorice spices. In the background, smooth tannins and wood notes round out this rich bouquet of fruit and spice.
It pairs well with aged cheeses, lamb, beef, and grilled bison burger.
Grilled Bison Burger recipe
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch granulated garlic
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix ground bison, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and pepper together by hand in a bowl.
- Form ground bison burger into 4 patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- Spray the patties with cooking spray and grill until hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Fry 4 eggs in skillet or on aluminum foil on grill next to but seperate from burgers.
- Allow the burgers to rest 5 minutes to lock in juices.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese
- Continue cooking until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes more.
- Add bison burger to bun
- Top with fried egg (lettuce, tomato, and condiments optional)
- Enjoy with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon!