The wine and recipe of the week is Chambourcin (Sham-boor-san) and Cauliflower Pizza.
Chambourcin is an Overland Park dry red wine by Aubrey Vineyards.
Chambourcin is a very productive, hybrid grape and has only been available since 1963.
It is very velvety, elegant, yet peppery, and resembles the finest of burgundies.
It pairs well with grilled red meats, Kansas City BBQ, and robust pizzas. For example, sausage and pepperoni pizza with a cauliflower pizza crust.
Cauliflower Pizza recipe:
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ c Mozzarella Cheese
- a pinch of Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 whole egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind up the cauliflower until it looks like snow.
- Place it in a bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, once its cool get as much of the moisture off of it as soon as possible, patting with a papertowel.
- Add all ingredients and mix together using your hands.
- Oil your hands and the pan and pat the “dough” down onto the pizza pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Add pepperoni and sausage and/or your favorite pizza toppings.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before you cut it that way the crust thickens more.
- Enjoy with a glass of Chambourcin!
*This is a healthier food option but you can always carry out or have you favorite pizza delivered.