Vignoles Blush and Rainbow Kale Salad-Overland Park Semi-Sweet Wine
The wine and recipe of the week is Vignoles Blush and Rainbow Kale Salad. Vignoles Blush is an Overland Park semi-sweet wine by Aubrey Vineyards.
Vignoles Blush is fruit forward, acidic, yet refreshing like a young strawberry. It pairs well with mild cheeses, nuts, salads, and desserts. For example, mild white cheddar, roasted pecans, kale salad, or strawberry short cake.
During the Spring and Summer months most tend to eat more salads, light meals and grilled meats that can be enjoyed outdoors. Vignoles Blush is a dazzling wine to compliment the sunshine!
Rainbow Kale Salad recipe:
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shrimp or grilled chicken (optional)
- Place kale in large salad bowl.
- Massage kale with olive oil and salt until soft.
- Drizzle with lemon and orange zest.
- Add orange and lemon juices, garlic, edamame, onions, bell pepper, shrimp or chicken (optional) and carrots.
- Mix all together.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Enjoy with a glass of Vignoles Blush!