The wine and recipe of the week is Vidal Blanc and Chicken Pillows.Vidal Blanc is an Overland Park white wine, hybrid grape variety, grown at Aubrey Vineyards.
Vidal Blanc has fruity and floral aromas and pair well with dishes that include white cream sauce. For example, chicken fettucine, chicken curry, shrimp scampi or chicken pillows.
Vidal Blanc is a fun wine that perfectly compliments this fun recipe.
Chicken Pillows recipe:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (chive and onion is great for flavor)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cans of crescent roll dough
- Preparation- dice chicken into cubed sized pieces
- roll out each triangle of crescent dough
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 table spoon olive oil to large sauce pan
- Brown chicken in large sauce pan on medium heat
- Add cream cheese once chicken has browned
- Set large sauce pan aside so chicken and cream cheese mixture can cool (15 minutes)
- Use a rolling pin to roll out each triangle of crescent dough on a non-stick cookie sheet
- Add a table spoon size of mixture to each triangle of crescent dough and fold into pillow shape
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until gold brown
- Suggested side dishes: ceasar salad or grilled mixed vegetables
- Enjoy with a glass of Vidal Blanc!