Apple Wine with Parmesan Risotto-Overland Park Apple Wine
The wine and recipe of the week is Apple wine with Parmesan Risotto. The Overland Park Apple wine is the most popular at Aubrey Vineyards and adored by both red and white wine lovers. It is very refreshing, crisp, and finishes with the tartness reminiscent of the peel of an apple. It pairs well with dishes of rich and tangy flavors. For example, baby back ribs, turkey burgers, and parmesan risotto.
Parmesan Risotto recipe:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive or truffle oil
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup Apple wine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat stock in saucepan over medium heat; keep at a low simmer. Heat olive oil or truffle oil in a seperate saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots to oil, and cook, stirring, until translucent. Add rice, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Apple wine to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until Apple wine is absorbed by rice.
- Using a ladle, add 3/4 cup hot stock to rice. Using a wooden spoon, stir rice constantly, at a moderate speed.
- When rice mixture is just thick enough to leave a clear wake behind the spoon, add another 3/4 cup stock.
- Continue adding stock 3/4 cup at a time and stirring constantly until rice is mostly translucent but still opaque in the center. Rice should be al dente but not crunchy. As rice nears doneness, watch carefully and add smaller amounts of liquid to make sure it does not overcook. It will thicken slightly when removed from heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among four shallow bowls, mounding risotto in the center, and grate or shave additional Parmesan over risotto.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy with a glass of Apple Wine!