Aubrey Vineyards, located at a local KS farm winery, seeks to hire an individual to assist in managing the vineyard(s). There are 10 acres of grapes and approx 10 different varieties being grown. You will assist with managing and performing tasks involving the vineyard crew, equipment, spray schedules, pruning, vine training, minor equipment repairs, spray equipment calibration, chemical test, harvest, trellis building, etc. The ideal candidate will have some experience working with plants. Previous work in a vineyard is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- good communication skills
- good math and logic skills
- willingness to work hard outdoors in adverse conditions
- fit in well with our current team
- good research skills
- detailed and careful work habits
- good note taking and record keeping skills
- ability to pick up new skills quickly
- have some technical ability to run instruments, tools, and farm vehicles
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to [email protected] including your resume, gpa's from high school and/or college, and salary.